Flash Feathers is a collection of advanced interface classes in Flash. Classes are what objects are made from in Object Oriented code. So in other words, we have a bunch of code that lets your Flash games and applications do extra stuff. On average, the Flash Feathers code you will have to use is about 5-10 lines of ActionScript per feature. So the code is helpful for designers and developers will find it exciting too!
You only need to add 5-10 lines of Flash ActionScript!
Here is a summary of the Flash Feathers open source solutions:
- ROBIN – multiuser chat and realtime game classes with Flash and PHP
- FALCON – easy data transfer between Flash and server scripts
- HUMMINGBIRD – parallax effect with mouse movement for 3D menus
- GOOSE – multitouch emulator and processor with just Flash and Browsers
- PENGUIN – tilt emulator and processor for tilt and translation apps
- WOODPECKER – sound frequency and wave animation for MP3 and FLV
- OSTRICH – motion capture so a cursor follows your Web cam motion
- DODO – blob detection to provide blobs anywhere there is Web cam motion
Each Flash Feather has its own Blog with the name of the bird followed by flash then .wordpress.com. The exception is Penguin which is plural – penguinsflash.wordpress.com.
http:// BIRDNAME flash.wordpress.com
Each site has:
- an ABOUT page, a CODE example page and a VIDEO tutorial page at the top
- an introduction in the top left column
- a Download section at left with a link to the zip file(s)
- a Donate area (Karmatja) which links through to paypal
- a Friends section at the left to add your site if you use the Flash Feather
- news about the specific Flash Feather in the blog area
- links to all the Flash Feathers at the right
- an aggregate news feed of all Flash Feathers at bottom right
The zip files come with:
- readme.txt file with information about installing classes
- a samples folder with example FLA and AS files
- an icons Flash file with neat little icon components
- a com/ folder that holds the packages and classes needed
FRIENDS AND DONATIONS
Please let us know if you use any of the Flash Feathers and we will add you to the Friends area at left. If you use the Flash Feathers for a commercial venture or would care to donate that would be super!
All the best and we hope you build exciting things!
Filed under: Press Release | Tagged: adobe, applications, blob, blob detection, chat, classes, compute spectrum, dan zen, data, flash, games, motion detection, multitouch, multiuser, multiuser games, open source, parallax, php, platform, real time, robin, sound frequency, system, tilt, tool, webcam, xml | 5 Comments »